· High transmission capacity, USB 3.0 is also known as super high speed USB, transfer a previous generation USB 2.0 full speed 10 times faster, the 480 Mbps up to 4.8 Gbps
· High capacity, using the charging connector of the USB 3.0 electrical supplies, charging time will save nearly half
· "High energy" intelligent energy-saving design of USB 3.0 controller chip import, make it green "power management" concept
· Full support for legacy device, USB 3.0 can be backward compatible to USB 2.0 interface
Applications from external USB 3.0 storage device market, including external hard drives, solid state drives, portable hard drive, memory cards, and other products, and then gradually spread to notebook computers, desktop computers, mobile phones and other devices.
According to market research firm predicted to reach 1 billion by 2013 global USB 3.0 interface, 25% of the total global market for USB. Digitimes Research forecast 2015 global shipments of USB 3.0 will challenge the 2.3 billion, a compound annual growth rate will reach 89%.
Major manufacturers of USB 3.0 support
· Around the end of 2011 or in 2012, the USB 3.0 market scale is expected to start, Intel will launch in 2012 years support USB 3.0 interface products
· ASUS end of 2010 its support for USB 3.0 motherboard shipments are expected to reach 5 million, accounting for whole motherboard shipments of 25% to 35%
· Seagate, NETAC, PQI has started to release USB 3.0 portable hard drive